Action required: NAC Hosted WordPress Sites
Posted by Support NAC on 02 December 2019 02:23 PM
ATTN: Webmasters/Owners of NAC Hosted WordPress Sites
Date: December 2, 2019
Subject: WordPress Driven Websites Frequent Hacks and Malware Injections
Affected Sites: Namearecheap.com hosted sites using an older version of WordPress
Suspension Deadline: December 11, 2019
What you will need to do if this applies to your site(s):
1. Backup your entire files using our Plesk Backup manager or Updraft Plus plugin
2. Update your new version of WordPress to latest version (using WP dashboard)
3. Upgrade to the latest version of PHP (using our Plesk control panel) or let us do it for you by submitting a ticket here - tick the box 'webhosting support'
4. Reset your WordPress username(s) and passwords to a strong one
We recommend Strong Password Generator - Generate It Here!
5. Scan for malware and removal:
WordFence (scan and malware tool) - Download Here!
6. Add another layer of security using :
Two-factor Authentication (add another layer of security) - Download Here!
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?:
Hacks and malware uploading are continuing and becoming a mass problem in our datacenters -- affecting the entire network, IP allocations -- resulting to blocking of email accounts and in some cases, blocking of an entire website thru Google malicious/deceptive site feature and McAfee scan affecting the entire business organization to be down for 3-5 business days.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF NOT UPDATED BY DEC.11?
We will be performing another scan on December 12, 2019, if your site is not up to date, it be suspended until further notice.
If you cannot perform above tasks and would like to hire our team, we are offering a one-time service fee of 1hr. per domain name in the amount of $75.00, you can submit your order here: https://secure.namesarecheap.com/ssl/misc.shtml
Any questions, please submit a ticket here!